The XTENDEX® USB Over IP Extender allows Windows PCs to connect to four USB devices on the same subnet, eliminating the need for locally-attached host PCs.Software drivers are loaded onto a host PC or server, enabling remote devices to communicate with the host, without changing existing application software. USB peripheral devices can be centrally managed and monitored from a remote server or PC via the included USB server software.
USB-IP-4 is ideal for retailers – relocating the host PC to a back office or other remote location allows for smaller point-of-sale stations, centralized management, reduced IT support, and instant system redundancy. Kiosk, ATM or pay-at-the-pump manufacturers can eliminate the PC from the enclosure, reducing concerns of extreme changes in temperature or humidity. The USB-IP-4 unit is also useful for restaurant kitchens, access control systems, industrial automation or any environment that is volatile, not secure or where having an on-site PC is not practical.
- Extends USB cabling distance to 330 feet (100 meters).
- Transfer data over a 1000Base-T Gigabit Network.
- Will not communicate to another subnet
- Creates systems redundancy and increases security since host PC can be placed in a remote location.
- Access and monitor devices over a TCP/IP connection.
- Simplifies operations and reduces IT support.
- Supports true plug-and-play functionality.
- USB 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0 compatible.
- Acquires IP address via DHCP when plugged in.